Why You Might Need Help to Stop Drinking
One of the hardest things for many people to admit is if they need help to stop drinking.
Alcohol plays a big part in most people’s lives, with many people drinking when socializing with friends or family.
Some people drink for other reasons, including as a way to deal with stress or to deal with mental health issues.
Alcohol does not help these issues and can, in fact, make them worse.
The best way to get help to stop drinking is to attend an alcohol abuse treatment program.
Understanding Alcohol Abuse Treatment
When someone has a problem with drinking too much alcohol, it can affect many different parts of their lives.
These effects can range from negative physical and mental health effects to problems at work and with relationships.
Alcohol abuse treatment helps people with a drinking problem in a few different ways.
These programs typically combine both medical and behavioral treatments.
With these two things, alcohol rehabs help their clients learn what led to their alcohol abuse, as well as ways to avoid drinking in the future.
Immediate Placement in Alcohol Rehab – Get Help Now
How Alcohol Abuse Can Affect Your Health
One of the most important things we discuss at alcohol abuse treatment is how alcohol can negatively affect your health.
This is a major reason why people need to seek help to stop drinking.
Alcohol causes damage to your heart. This can lead to an irregular heartbeat, damage to your heart muscle, high blood pressure, heart attack, and stroke.
Many people who attend alcohol abuse treatment also have problems with their liver.
Alcohol abuse can cause problems including a fatty liver, cirrhosis, fibrosis, and something called alcoholic hepatitis.
This serious inflammation of the liver can cause damage to the cells in your liver, and even cell death.
Alcoholic hepatitis can cause death if it is very serious.
Another major health risk of alcohol abuse is cancer.
People who abuse alcohol are more likely to develop certain kinds of cancer, including throat, liver, breast, and colon cancers.
Learn More About Our Alcohol Rehab Programs at Pathfinders Today
Mental Illness and Alcohol Abuse Treatment
Another issue we often discuss at our alcohol abuse treatment center is the ways that alcohol abuse can affect your mental health.
Even if you did not have mental health issues before you needed help to stop drinking, you can still experience mental health symptoms.
This is because people who abuse alcohol are much more likely to have problems with anxiety, depression, and handling stress.
Alcoholism is a chronic disease because of the way that alcohol abuse changes how your brain transmits chemicals.
Because alcohol is a depressant, this means that it makes you feel relaxed by slowing down your nervous system.
In the short term, this can make mental health problems go away.
In the long term, your brain forgets how to regulate itself when you are not drinking.
When someone who needs help to stop drinking is sober, they often feel increased levels of depression and anxiety.
This leads to them continuing to abuse alcohol in order to try and feel better.
This is another reason why there are benefits in stopping drinking.
How Stopping Drinking can Benefit You
Getting back to a place where you feel healthy again is one of the main reasons to go to alcohol abuse treatment.
There are many ways that getting help to stop drinking can benefit your overall health. The benefits of stopping drinking vary from person-to-person, but overall, there are various benefits that will help you live an addiction-free life.
These can include:
- Healthier Skin – Many people who need help to stop drinking have problems with their skin. This is because alcohol can cause issues such as chronic dehydration, jaundice, broken capillaries, and reduced collagen levels. All of these can make your skin look red, dull, or aged. When you stop drinking, your skin will gradually improve as these issues clear up.
- Better Sleep – Many people may think that alcohol makes them sleep better, but the opposite is true for people who abuse alcohol. Alcohol interferes with your sleep cycles, making it harder to get a restful night’s sleep. Getting sober will help you to relearn better sleeping habits.
- A Healthier Weight – Alcohol has no nutritional value, and yet is full of calories. This makes weight gain very common for people who need help to stop drinking. When you stop drinking, you will be consuming fewer calories which can help you lose weight.
- Better Mental Health – Stopping drinking will not on its own cure a mental health problem. But it can help make the symptoms much more manageable. This is because your brain will relearn how to regulate chemicals like it is supposed to, helping you have more even emotions and fewer symptoms of depression and anxiety.
- A Stronger Immune System – Another side effect of alcoholism is a weakened immune system. This means that you are more likely to get sick with colds, the flu, and even pneumonia when you abuse alcohol. As soon as you stop drinking your immune system will improve, and you will likely experience fewer illnesses.
- A Lower Risk of Cancer, Heart, and Liver Problems – It is best that you get help to stop drinking before it causes any major health problems. But even if you are having symptoms of some issues, there are still reasons to quit drinking. As soon as you stop drinking alcohol, your body can repair some types of alcohol-related damage. What is more important is that you will not inflict any further damage on your organs, and your risk of getting alcohol-related cancers will drop as well.
24-Hour Alcohol Rehab Hotline – Get Help Now
How can you get Help to Stop Drinking?
No matter what led you to need alcohol abuse treatment, getting help is the answer to stop drinking.
There are many treatment options available at our alcohol treatment center that help you stop drinking.
We offer both medical and behavioral treatment programs.
Medical programs involve using medicines that are approved to help alcoholics to stop drinking.
There are three different options: disulfiram, naltrexone, and acamprosate.
Each of these drugs works by either making drinking uncomfortable, making you unable to get drunk, or helping to reduce cravings for alcohol.
Behavioral treatment programs are the most important part of alcohol abuse treatment.
They help you to see the thoughts and behaviors that were leading to your alcohol abuse.
At Pathfinders Recovery Center, we encourage clients to try both individual and group therapy sessions to fully understand the benefits of stopping drinking.
We also believe that clients with families should consider family therapy as well.
Having a strong family bond helps you to have a better support system when your alcohol abuse treatment program is completed.
Family therapy will help by working to repair any damage that your alcohol abuse caused within the family unit and lower your chances of experiencing a relapse.
Free Insurance Verification for Alcohol Rehab to Experience All of the Benefits of Stopping Drinking – Get Help Now
Get the Help You Need at Alcohol Rehab
There are many reasons that led our clients to need alcohol abuse treatment.
That is why we offer a range of treatment options to suit every client and every situation.
At Pathfinders Recovery Center, we know exactly what it takes to get your life back to normal after addiction.
Our premier addiction treatment centers are located in upscale areas throughout the Scottsdale, Arizona area.
Our luxury locations provide you with a comfortable and home-like atmosphere so that our clients feel safe and secure throughout their treatment program.
We help ensure your success by using only scientifically researched, cutting edge, and effective drug and alcohol addiction treatment programs.
We have over 25 years of experience in helping people with addictions and co-occurring disorders to overcome their addictions.
Many of our clients wonder whether or not they will be able to take advantage of their health insurance benefits to help cover their treatment.
That is why we accept most major insurances through our free insurance verification.
Simply give us a call and one of our addiction specialists can check to see how much of your treatment program will be covered by your insurance before you begin treatment.
You can trust us to communicate with your insurance provider to ensure that you receive every benefit that you are entitled to.
Do not let alcohol continue controlling your life and negatively impacting your health.
Let us use our years of experience to help you get on the path to a meaningful and lasting recovery by understanding the benefits of stopping drinking.
Contact us today and see the difference getting our rehab programs can make to ensure that you are around to practice law for years to come.