Fentanyl is an opioid similar to morphine but is much more intense. It is typically prescribed to treat patients with severe pain, such as cancer patients, but can be easily misused, and addiction can develop quickly. The right fentanyl detox approach is crucial.
If you’ve experienced using fentanyl for non-medical reasons or have become addicted to fentanyl, know that you are not alone.
Pathfinders Recovery Center can help you get on the path to recovery with our fentanyl detox program. Keep reading to find out the details and how to get effective help, now!
What Is Fentanyl?
Fentanyl is an opioid medication that is 50 to 100 times more potent than morphine.
The drug treats severe pain, such as cancer pain, as an anesthetic before surgery. Fentanyl works by binding to opioid receptors in the brain, reducing the feeling of pain.
The drug can be taken orally, injected into a vein, or placed under the tongue. Prescription forms of fentanyl include Duragesic, Actiq, and Sublimaze.
Fentanyl is a Schedule II controlled substance, meaning it has a high potential for drug abuse but can only be used by doctors for medical purposes.
How Does Fentanyl Addiction Develop?
Substance abuse is a progressive disease, getting worse over time. It starts with occasional use and develops into an addiction.
Since fentanyl works by binding to the brain’s opioid receptors, it can create a feeling of euphoria. Individuals will develop a dependency on this euphoric feeling and begin to abuse the drug to have a stronger and stronger reaction.
Other feelings they can experience from fentanyl are:
A fentanyl detox center like Pathfinders Recovery Center can help you detox from fentanyl and get on the path to recovery. Our fentanyl detox program is designed to help you through the withdrawal process as safely and comfortably as possible.
What are the Signs You May Need Fentanyl Detox?
- Using fentanyl more often than prescribed or in ways other than specified
- Needing fentanyl to feel “normal”
- Unsuccessful attempts to stop using fentanyl
- Spending money on fentanyl even though you can’t afford it
- Continuing to use fentanyl even though it’s causing problems in your life
- Giving up important activities to use fentanyl
- Using fentanyl even though it’s putting yourself or others in danger
A treatment center specializing in opioid addiction and other types of addiction can help you get on the path to recovery. Pathfinders Recovery Center is a fentanyl detox center that can help you through fentanyl withdrawal to get on the path to sobriety through an effective detox process.
What are Fentanyl Withdrawal Symptoms?
When a person addicted to fentanyl stops using the drug, they experience withdrawal symptoms. Withdrawal is the body’s natural reaction to removing a substance it has become dependent on.
Fentanyl withdrawal can be dangerous since the drug is so strong. This is why it’s crucial to seek professional help from an addiction treatment center like Pathfinders Recovery Center.
Withdrawal symptoms can include:
- Slow and shallow breathing
- Cold flashes
- Muscle pain
- Stomach pain
- Nausea and vomiting
Since withdrawal symptoms can be uncomfortable, some people may try to self-medicate with fentanyl or other drugs. This can be dangerous and even life-threatening. It’s important to seek professional help if you’re addicted to fentanyl.
How To Treat a Fentanyl Addiction
If you are suffering from a fentanyl addiction, know that you are not alone and there is help available.
There are various treatment options available depending on the severity of your addiction.
Some fentanyl addiction treatment options include:
- Medication-assisted treatment: This type of treatment uses medications like buprenorphine and naltrexone to help reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms. Only a certified physician can prescribe these medications.
- Behavioral therapy: There are different types of behavioral therapies that can help treat fentanyl addiction. Some common ones are cognitive-behavioral therapy, contingency management, and 12-step programs.
- Counseling: This can be done individually, in a group setting, or with family members. It can help address the underlying issues contributing to your fentanyl addiction.
Finding a suitable treatment center that offers both outpatient and inpatient treatment options and detox services is extremely helpful.
Detox can be difficult and uncomfortable, so it’s essential to do it under medical supervision.
5 Benefits of Fentanyl Detox
The benefits of fentanyl detox are countless. Not only will you get rid of the fentanyl in your system, but you’ll also be able to start fresh and begin the journey to recovery. Here are five of the most significant benefits of detoxing from fentanyl.
1. You’ll Be Able to Rid Your Body of Fentanyl and Other Toxins
Fentanyl and synthetic derivatives can stay in your system for days or weeks after you stop using them. But, with a fentanyl detox, you can rid your body of fentanyl and other toxins quickly and effectively.
The medications will also help reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms so you can focus on your recovery.
2. You’ll Be Medically Supervised 24/7
When you detox from fentanyl at a treatment center, you’ll be medically supervised 24/7 by a team of professionals. This means that if any complications arise, they will be able to help you immediately.
Plus, the staff will be there to support and encourage you throughout the detox process.
3. You’ll Have Access to Other Treatment Services
Most fentanyl detox programs are part of a larger treatment plan that includes other services such as counseling, therapy, and aftercare planning. This comprehensive approach gives you the best chance at long-term recovery.
4. You’ll Be in a Safe and Comfortable Environment
Detoxing from fentanyl can be difficult and uncomfortable. Painful withdrawal symptoms and fentanyl cravings can make it hard to stick to your detox plan.
But, when you detox in a treatment center, you’ll be in a safe and comfortable environment where you can focus on your recovery while meeting other people who are going through the same thing.
5. You’ll Get the Support You Need to Recover
From fentanyl detox to aftercare, you’ll have the support of a team of professionals dedicated to helping you recover.
You’ll also have the support of your fellow patients who are going through the same thing as you. This can be invaluable as you navigate your fentanyl addiction and work toward recovery.
At Pathfinders Recovery Center, we offer drug addiction treatment and mental health services centered on values that promote healing, growth, and recovery.
Our helpful and knowledgeable staff is ready to answer any of your questions about our programs and admissions process. Please don’t hesitate to reach out today!
How To Find the Right Treatment Center for You
When you’re ready to get help for your fentanyl addiction, finding a treatment center that meets your needs is essential.
There are many different types of fentanyl detox programs, so it’s essential to do your research to find the right one for you.
Here are some things to look for:
- Reviews and Testimonials: Look for online reviews and testimonials from past patients to get an idea of the treatment center.
- Location: Consider the location of the treatment center.
- Cost: Treatment centers can vary significantly in price, so be sure to ask about the cost of detox and other services before you make your decision.
- Accreditation: Ensure the treatment center is accredited by a reputable organization such as the Joint Commission.
At Pathfinders Recovery Centers, both our locations (in Aurora, CO as well as Scottsdale, AZ) we offer fully accredited care and coordination with all of these factors in mind.
Discover the Pathfinders Recovery Center Difference
Integrity, experience, hard work, and compassion differentiate Pathfinders Recovery Center from others in the industry.
We take pride in our work and believe that every individual has the right to treatment and the opportunity to achieve sobriety and wellness.
From dual diagnosis treatment to opioid use disorder, we offer a comprehensive approach to care that addresses the mind, body, and spirit.
Our facilities provide a compassionate and supportive environment: We treat each individual with compassion, understanding, and respect. Our staff and medical team work together to create a supportive environment that promotes healing and recovery.
- We offer evidence-based treatment: Our treatment programs are based on the latest research and evidence-based practices. We believe in using proven methods to help our patients achieve their goals.
- We offer a comprehensive approach to care: Pathfinders Recovery Center believes in treating the whole person, not just their addiction.
- Our locations in Arizona and Colorado are beautiful and welcoming: You wouldn’t want to detox and recover anywhere else but in our unique sites.
- Our team is experienced and knowledgeable: Our team of addiction specialists, therapists, and counselors are professional and passionate about helping our patients recover.
Contact us today to learn more about our treatment center facilities and services. Pathfinders Recovery Center is here to help you on your journey to recovery!